I love the 80s continues!
Some classic music from an awesome decade! Looking back on it, I wonder to myself HOW could I not have totally LOVED these songs back then!?? I was young, and not so much into music at that time, I guess.
What I did love was the FASHION! Two of my all time favorite 80s clothing lines:
I remember being so jealous of this girl in 7th grade who had a pair of jeans with little Benetton labels sewn all over them. I also remember trying to copy this design by cutting all the labels out of most of my high end clothing and trying to sew them on my Keds. I know I know, pathetic!
I also loved the Esprit bag/backpack. The "ESPRIT" Bag was THE thing to have in the 80's. They came in every single color, but the ESPRIT logo printed up the side of the bag was always White. It was a big cotton canvas bag that just about EVERYBODY had. The one I had was navy blue with white lettering! I can't find a picture anywhere on the web. If you can let me know!
Here are some fun facts-
You were a child of the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
3. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom.
4. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock".
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
9. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF".
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe).
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
23. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
33. You just sang those words to yourself.
34. You still sing "We are the World"
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a banana clip.
37. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
Today's I Love the 80s Sale: NECKLACES are ALL 25% off!! One day only! Convo me your address before paying so I can send you a revised invoice!