Art Bead Love Tour and Giveaway
If you read the blog, Love My Art Jewelry, you've seen the Art Bead Love Tour is now up and running. I was the very first participant! WOOT!
I was shocked and so excited to find out about this big win. So many of my favorite art beads all on one chain, gave me goosebumps. And what an amazing idea this was, to pass it along to different people, collecting such amazing talented artwork at every stop.
It was so fun sitting down last night, fondling all of the beautiful beads and charms. I picked a few favorites, and then scoured my own stash for replacements- what a b l a s t!
scroll down to see what I took and what I contributed.
Please read through the post below carefully. There is instructions on how to enter to win the next spot.
The Art Bead Love Tour is an ongoing project to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places. It’s a way to reach people who may have never stumbled upon our blog on their own, and give them a chance to share the love of handmade. We chose to use a chain to link beads as a symbol of how this project links us all together~ in our unity to stand behind handmade.
We have filled one and a half feet of chain with handmade beads, charms and pendants, donated by our own Love My Art Jewelry Group. There are 60 beads on this chain, worth approximately $450. It includes ceramic, glass, polymer, various metals and metal clay beads. It’s a true tribute to handmade in all its beady glory! These beads are ready to go on tour…….the Art Bead Love Tour!
This tour is basically an art bead swap, which will go on and on and on. Here is how it works.
PLEASE....... ....please read the entire post before entering).
1. The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took, with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality. It is so important that the quality of the beads be maintained, so that we can keep the Art Bead Love Tour alive. We want to share consistent quality with the next winner. If you make your own handmade beads or components, it’s a great way to get your beads into the world for people to try them out, or, if you hoard collect art beads, it’s a great way to share your collection and get some new additions as well. (Art Beads should be handmade by an artist, and not mass produced, such as Hill Tribes Silver beads or others like them). Remember the focus is on creating handmade with handmade and beads/components taken should be replaced with beads/components that are made by an individual not an organization.
2. The winner must have a blog, and will post pictures of what was taken and what was added, in order to keep an account of the chains progress and to keep our followers drooling. Please be sure to give credit to the bead artists as well.
3. The winner will then have a giveaway, just like this one, to keep passing the chain on and on. Rules can be copied and pasted from here.
4. When you repost your giveaway (remember you can copy and paste from here)-a list should be added to show where the chain has gone, with links to each previous blog. Ultimately, this will end up being a very long list!
Look where the chain has been……
5. Chain must be shipped to its new home via Priority Small Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation. Please package it carefully.
6. There will be a button on the Love My Art Jewelry Website that links to the current blog and giveaway- so if you have the chain, it will link to your blog, that way our followers can have another chance to win it.
7. You MUST exchange your beads and have your giveaway completed within two weeks of receiving the chain. (Please please please, if you can not adhere to the above rules, do not enter the giveaway at this time. It will go on and on and you can always enter at a later date.) There will be a button on the side bar of our blog so that you can track where the chain currently is.
OK- How to Enter:
1. You must have a blog to enter.
2. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked to your blog or leave it in the comment. Entries without emails will not qualify)
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter or your blog for extra chances to win. Leave a comment for each way you share, with a link if possible.
4. Winner will pay shipping and will be billed through paypal-small priority flat rate box with delivery confirmation $6.00.
5. Open only to our readers in the United States- due to problems with tracking and shipping overseas (sorry). Please note- I am having a small giveaway on my blog for our international friends only!!! So hop over to enter.
6. Check back here on December 13th to see if you’ve won.
7. Good luck and share the love of handmade! Please, if you have any questions, you can email Staci
directly at email@example.com
Here are the beads that I took off the chain
(you can check out who contributed what at the LMAJ blog post:
Here are the beads that I contributed:
Pewter beads from Green Girl Studios
Bird Heart from Mamacita Beadworks
Enameled chams from Barbara Lewis
Ceramic flowers and button from Spirited Earth
Small Silver bird bead from Elemental Adornments
Copper Leaf pendant from Andrew Thornton
Ceramic link from Golem Studios
Square Resin pendant from Jade Scott
Lampwork tab from Pam Ferrari
Lampwork lentils from KABS Concepts
Lampwork disc from Guy Melamed
Lampwork beads, disc, and flower from Pinocean
Ok toss my name in the hat. I've been putting off entering a chance to do this but now that my show season is over I'm ready. ::crosses fingers::ReplyDelete
Yay, count me in too! There are some amazing beads on there, and from your stash too!ReplyDelete
And I just realized it would arrive at the winner's home fairly close to Christmas.....whoo hooo!
I posted this giveaway on the sidebar of my blog. Please, pretty pleeeeeeeze pick me!ReplyDelete
Lorelei, such fun! Count me in. I've got quite a stash of art beads that would love to take a trip!ReplyDelete
Count me in please! I'd love to contribute some of my stash to this.ReplyDelete
I just shared on FacebookReplyDelete
I'd love to win!ReplyDelete
Would love to win!ReplyDelete
Posted it on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BeadsForBusyGalsReplyDelete
count me in!ReplyDelete
I would love to add some art beads and take some special one's too.ReplyDelete
I will blog and FB
I'd love a chance to play along. I have hoarded too many art beads for too long, and I'd love to send some out into the world.ReplyDelete
and just posted to my blog. thanks again!ReplyDelete
Wow! I love what you added. I think the next person will be Very Happy.ReplyDelete
Good Luck Y'all!
I didn't realize I could still enter - count me it!ReplyDelete
Just shared on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kartottReplyDelete
Shared on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/kartottReplyDelete
Just posted on my blog: http://starryroadstudio.blogspot.com/2011/12/love-my-art-jewelry-art-bead-love-tour.htmlReplyDelete
What fun. Please enter me. I would love to participate.ReplyDelete
What a great exchange you made Lorelei! Please include me on this awesome giveaway :)ReplyDelete
Just shared the awesomeness on my FB - https://www.facebook.com/silverrosedesignsReplyDelete
Count me in. How did you pick from all those beads?ReplyDelete
count me in! This is so cool!ReplyDelete
I tweeted about it! @stargirljewelryReplyDelete
posted to my fb page too! :)ReplyDelete
Count me in! I would love to participate. firstname.lastname@example.orgReplyDelete
Oh fun! Please toss my name in the hat too.ReplyDelete
Posted on FBReplyDelete
What a great idea, please enter me.ReplyDelete