I have been working on a few different clasp systems for this wood bangle- the first one I tried, was a small hook and eye clasp from Vintaj Brass. It worked okay but it was difficult to get clasped alone. On the second bracelet, I did steel wire and fashioned a hook clasp out of the wire on one side, and a wrapped loop on the other side. This was definitely easier to clasp than the first one.
Last night, the lightbulb went off. After I constructed the basic bracelet, I realized that what I needed was something elastic. So I jetted off to JoAnn fabrics in search of elastic cording. Sure enough, with all the other elastic sewing components, I found simple cording in white or black. I got home and it worked perfectly!
Now the bracelet stretches just enough to slip on but also has a nice finished look! I am so pleased!!