Cubed: A tutorial for you!
3- 65" lengths of 6-ply Waxed Linen Cording in Sand
99 Brass Cube beads
3 Lampwork glass beads
1 large hole metal bead of your choice
1. Pull all 3 pieces of linen cording together. Tie an overhand knot with all 3 pieces, about 7 inches from one end.
2. String 3 brass cubes on each of the 3 cords. On each cord, tie an overhand knot at about 1.5 inches, leaving room for the beads to move back and forth between the knots. Tie another overhand knot at 1 inch. String 3 cubes on each strand again.
3. Repeat steps 2-3, seven more times. Thread all 3 strands through 3 lampwork glass beads. Tie an overhand knot, anchoring the beads in place.
4. Continue steps 2-3 four more times. Tie an overhand knot using all 3 cords.
5. Braid the 3 strands at both ends, for about 5 inches. Thread all 6 strands through a large holed bead- I used a Greek metal flower bead. It's still tight enough to slide back and forth on the braided cords, but tight enough to cinch the necklace up, altering the size.
6. Tie overhand knots at the ends and trim any excess.
Make it your own! Switch up the beads by using size 6 seed beads or silver rounds- Change the look using different focal beads like ceramic beads or Polymer clay.
Waxed linen cord (6ply sand): Jewelry Accord
Brass cubes- Hand of the Hills [wholesale only]
Lampwork glass- Loupiac
Greek metal flower- Saratoga Beads